Safety management and the organisational aspects thereof are clearly very important with respect to the actual safety performance. Nevertheless, one should be aware that the final step in the safety chain concerns the actual flight operation: that is where all concerted safety actions should result in the practical achievement of a safe flight. For this reason it is essential that new or modified systems and flight procedures are carefully analysed concerning operational safety and flight technical aspects, before being introduced. These analyses are captured by the generic term “aeronautical study”. Based on its operational and flight technical expertise, NLR-ATSI has been involved in a broad range of such assessments, varying from airport operations to air navigation procedure design.
See also: Obstacle Assessment
- Study into the safety and compatibility of mixed VFR/IFR air traffic operations at Geneva airport.
- Assessment of aircraft operations in strong wind conditions.
- Aeronautical study for Zurich airport concerning take-off RWY16, missed approach RWY14;
- Flight technical assessment for Reykjavik airport; and
- Collision risk for proposed RNAV/visual approach procedures for Zurich airport.
|Contact Us:||Tel: +31 88 511 3500||Email: email@example.com||Contact form|